02 December 2010

Viet - Scaled complex

First I figured out the circulation I want for this space for people to flow from the existing hospital out to the hospice, from solid to more spread out, from man made to nature. The circulation path wanted is colored gray.





Then I went back to my precedent which is Venice hospital and picked up this "community hub"
where I see the potential of relevancy to my project. With this type of shape, circulation is guided
from left to right. It also creates a type of community hub, a breakdown of straight paths to create opportunities for people to meet up. Also programs on the 4 sides also reinforce this idea.
And these types of programs are always present in every hubs later put in the project.




Putting in the hubs




Extending pathways from hubs. Eliminating the wanted gray circulation.


No comments: